It is now 11:40p.m. and I have several files due in the morning, and yet instead of starting them an hour ago, which is when I finally got Sara to sleep (thank you for all of the help you didn't give me with that darling husband!!), I am blog surfing, returning e-mails, etc. Why do I do this to myself? Oh well, as long as I'm doing it I might as well do it right.
So I am no longer in divorce mode. I ended up sending Akinori an e-mail because I didn't feel like trying to talk to him anymore. He is so damned stubborn (and so am I) that it just gets me more frustrated and upset and I end up in tears. So he read the e-mail in the morning before going to work, told me he was sorry, then went to work. One of the main reasons I married my husband is because he will always apologize after a fight. Maybe not directly after, but within 24 hours. However, sometimes I would like the apology to come after a discussion. So when he came home from work and after we had dinner I brought the subject up again. He said he would do his best. I don't know if he knows what he is going to do his best at, but apparently his mother had a word with him as well and told him he needed to shape up or I wasn't going to come back from America when I go with Sara next month. I had to laugh. Of course I threaten that I won't come back all the time, but as a joke.
On Saturday night MIL, SIL and the 3 kids between us went to this Hawaiian Festival thing up in the mountains. It was a lot of fun, and SIL and I complain about our husbands to each other all the time. She loves it when I tell her what an ass her big brother can be. MIL happened to come back to the table when I was just finishing a rant to SIL and overheard a bit. She said "Sorry, he's your problem now. He's very spoiled. That was his grandmother's and great-grandmother's doing. I tried to be strict, but now I've passed the baton off to you. I tried to warn you before you said yes to his proposal."
Edit: I never finished this although I meant to, but I can't even remember the rest of what I was going to write it's been so long now. Oh well.
The best places to visit for a February vacation
3 years ago
2 comments:
Glad all is well again- until nest month! ;P Must be great having a SIL you can confide in... And is the Hawaiian thing an annual event? Very interested...
It is an annual event! It's at the St. Cousair headquarters (?) up in the mountains of Iizuna. Absolutely beautiful scenery, and if there was an ocean somewhere in the vicinity you might actually feel like you were in Hawaii. It's a buffet dinner and hula show. The buffet is absolutely to die for!!! Such good food! I'll let you know when they start selling tickets for next year's event.
Post a Comment