9.15.2009

The Saga Continues...

After the teariest dinner in the history of the world, Sara went to sleep, still clothed and unbathed at 7:30, and although she has woken up several times since (it's now nearly midnight), I have nursed her back to sleep because I am not dealing with a fully awake baby at this hour of the night, and even if it means she's going to be up at an ungodly hour of the morning, I'd rather deal with her then.

So, yesterday Sara and I went with my mom to the festival held every year by S's place of work. She works at a facility for severely developmentally disabled people aging from infant to senior citizen. It's a really amazing place, and every year they hold this festival to raise money. I wasn't planning on going, but since G canceled on me for the day I figured why not. I was hoping we weren't going to run into S, and since there are literally thousands of people at this event, I thought the chances were fairly slim. Nope, guess again. Within 5 minutes of walking in the gate, who do run into? It was all fine and pleasant. I think I might have been a little distant, which I think she might have picked up on. She asked if I had been by Novelty, where we both used to work, and I said I had, and then proceeded to explain that I had a friend from Japan staying with us the first week and was showing her around, which was why we went. Why did I feel the need to justify the fact that I went to Novelty and saw those folks, but didn't bother to contact her? Why am I still trying to pacify her and make sure I don't step on her toes? God that bugs me! From what she said, she will still be showing up here on Sunday, so I guess we'll have to see what happens then, and hope there's no big showdown. I think she has taken a step back from the relationship also though, so there probably won't be any big showdown and everyone will just play nice for the day and that will be that for this trip home. I made the mistake though of telling the whole saga to CLK at Novelty though and he has a super big mouth, so I'm sure if I don't tell him not to say anything, he will go mentioning something to her at the BBQ like "So I heard you and Brenda aren't getting along because you had a tantrum at her wedding." I'm going to dinner at his house on Wednesday, so I'll have to warn him then to keep his big trap shut!

In other news, I have another belly dance class tomorrow afternoon and this one is happening for sure since it's a private lesson. I can't wait! I want to SWEAT! I'm sure I've put on a ton of weight just in the two weeks I've been here. There's so much crap food just lying around this house and I keep sticking it in my mouth! Arrgghh! I keep telling myself it's only while I'm here on vacation and I'll work hard to take off the weight when I get back. That is like putting one foot into the black hole of weight gain. Bad Brenda! But I am very excited about the lesson, and really glad that my mom has been a lot more proactive about dealing with Sara lately. The fact that Sara has really taken to my mom has seemed to help a lot. My mom is a total egomaniac, and loves it when people love her, so we have a win-win situation here. Poor Grandpa though, he's gaga over Sara and she would rather sit in my mom's lap.

Got some more good shopping in today, and I found it really strange that I just wasn't into shopping for myself. I find it a lot more fun to shop for Sara now. I also keep thinking about the ridiculous amount of clothing I already own. Half of it doesn't even fit me anymore after all the weight I've lost, and I'd like to get rid of it, but I keep thinking that if I get pregnant again, I'll probably want those clothes around then. Hmmm. I guess I'll have to take a look at what I've got when I get back. It was just a little sad though that shopping wasn't as much fun. I got lots of yoga pants and sports bras though, so I am ready to teach belly dance everyday if I have to. Bring on the students!

Alright, I should get off to bed so I can deal with Sara in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: