that there may actually be people out who read this blog, I have
chosen today to be the day I start blogging again as it is the 12th
anniversary of my arrival in Japan as a resident.
Unfortunately I have chosen this ridiculous hour (2 am) to do it :(
I'll make a better effort tomorrow!
Before I completely lose consciousness, my FIL sent me the most
beautiful text message tonight. It made me cry. He said that he and
MIL were very lucky and proud that in this big wide world I found my
way into their lives and into their family, and they thanked me for
giving them a beautiful granddaughter, and praised me for how hard
I've worked the last 12 years. I start to get teary-eyed again just
thinking about it. When I think about all the people out there with
not-so-nice ILs I feel truly, truly blessed. My husband is okay, but
his family is really the greatest!
4 comments:
that is beautiful! nearly as beautiful as the pictures of your babe there on the right.
(hope i wasn't too pushy. i didn't mean it in a bitchy way. i just need more things in english to read!! ;) )
shall i put you on my blogroll? :D
oops! p.s., congrats on 12 years. i've been here ten so i know it's probably had its ups and downs, but glad you're here and blogging!
No you weren't pushy at all. It was just the right amount of encouragement I needed :) Thanks for reading though, and you're welcome to put me on your blogroll, maybe that will give me even more encouragement to write! Unfortunately I find that I am tooooo tired every night to sit in front of the computer, and I promise myself I'll do it the next day. I'll get the hang of this one day ;)
Wow, congratulations on 12 years and congratulations on such a great family. K's mum is convinced I *am* Japanese by virtue of marrying K and his dad ever ceases to remind I can't take K with me back to Asutralia to live as he is chonan. Gee, thanks guys!
Post a Comment