7.30.2009

To Blog or Not To Blog...

Arrrrgghh! It is 1 am! I stopped working half an hour ago because I was so sleepy I was getting a headache, and here I still am, sitting on the computer, when I really should be sleeping since I know Sara is most likely going to wake up at least once before 7 am, and there is no guarantee I'll get her back to sleep after 7 am., AND I have a belly dance class to teach tomorrow afternoon. That may be the longest run-on sentence I have ever written!

Oooh, something exciting did happen at tonight's class though. After one of my two faithful-come-every-week-without-fail students texted me to say she couldn't make it tonight, and feeling a little disappointed that it was most likely going to be yet another one-on-one lesson, which although fun, is a little bit draining motivation-wise, I walked into the classroom and there was a woman I had never seen before! My regular student was already there too, so I thought she brought along a friend who wanted to try out the class, but it turns out that this woman saw Belly Dance listed on the schedule of activities for the day sometime in the past few weeks, and actually went on the internet to find out when the class was to come and take a look. At first I thought she had mistaken my classroom for another, but she was sure that mine was the one she was looking for. I was so excited! She stayed for about 10 minutes and just watched the warm-up, and said that she would most likely be back next week, and probably with a friend!!! Yippee! I haven't even had flyers made or performed anywhere in public yet here. I'm more motivated than ever now to get flyers and posters made and distributed around town. I can't wait to see how this develops.

Okay, well writing that was pretty painless I guess. I think I can handle 10 or 15 minutes every night. But now I REALLY have to go to bed!

1 comment:

shinshu life said...

Yeah for your class! And I think once you get into the swing of it blogging is less like work and more like a way to see the world- instead of getting mad or sad or just screaming I smile and mentally write up my crazy life for the blog. :)