No, not hubby, Sara. Every time I do laundry she always manages to find my underwear as I'm sorting and folding and throw it over her head. It's really kind of funny, though a little gross. I took a photo of her sitting in front of the TV wearing my underwear around her waist tonight, and I would post it, but I would rather the entire internet did not have access to photos of my underwear, no matter how difficult it is to actually make out. If you take them away from her she totally nuts out, so I just leave her have them until she can be distracted with something else.
In other news, I have decided not to blog about Mrs. X anymore as I found that actually expressing my feeling towards her in written words just stressed me out even further. I met her for coffee once during the week and was literally clenching my jaws the entire time. Why spend time with her if it causes me so much turmoil you ask? I ask myself the same question all the time. The only answer I can come up with is that she is so incredibly persistent that it is impossible to refuse her sometimes. Although when I think about it, things really have gotten better. A few months ago she was wanting to go to lunch two or three times a week, something my wallet just couldn't handle. Plus, nothing tastes particularly good when you're not enjoying the company you're with. At least now it's just coffee.
I think I was just stressed in general last week. I have gotten exactly three reservations for next month's workshops. Three reservations will almost pay for my friend's travel expenses, that still leaves the cost of the studio and her lesson fee to be covered. At least she's my friend and has agreed to do the workshops for free if there are no profits in the end, but that would really suck. I'm hoping there will be a full house at the dinner show, and I can use those profits to pay for everything else. I just don't want to end up in the red.
The other thing that really stresses me out practically everyday is money. I really, really, really want our own house someday. I hate being in debt, but I know that there's no way we could pay cash for a house, so I understand that is a debt we will probably have until we die, and I am fine with that. I just want it to happen, but I have to admit I want a nice house, one that will cost lots and lots of money, requiring a huge bank loan, and bank loans are not easy to come by these days, especially when you have little savings, a husband with a ridiculously low salary, a wife with an irregular, unstable income, and the husband is nearly 40. Luckily we won't have to buy land and we can probably put up his parents' land and house and maybe even business as collateral (even though the land is the only things really worth anything). I just want to work towards this goal and my husband is so damned laid-back, take things one day-at-a-time, maybe we'll win the lottery, attitude that it drives me CRAZY! He wasn't good with money before I met him and he's not any better now. I just don't let him touch the finances now. But I feel like there is always something around the corner to suck away at what little savings we have. I had a goal for how much we should have in the bank at the end of this month. I don't even know how it happened, but we are so not there. I really am going to have to tighten the purse strings in the new year, and unfortunately that means I have to cook a lot more, which I hate, but it seems that if I want to have my house someday, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and put on an apron. Know anywhere to find super-duper easy recipes? I could use a few dozen!
The best places to visit for a February vacation
3 years ago
3 comments:
money.... and housework... and cooking... and work stress.... yuck! Wouldn't life be so much better if we didn't have to do all the grownup stuff?
I really wish I was going to still be here for your workshop. I'd send K as a proxy but I think he'd probably put everyone else off! I will get the word out and see if I can rustle up some interest. Maybe try the JET site? People post dance parties and night club events so why not a belly dancing workshop?
Don't know how true it is but apparently the town joho section of the shinmai is so keen to fill space you can call them up with your news and they'll come out and interview you. They ran a colour picture and article on my boss joining the Uni as PT staff and I'm SURE a belly dancing workshop tops that!
I don't know what you've tried budget wise but (much as I rile against this system) it sounds like the old wife keeps (hides) all the money and husband gets an allowance system might work for you guys?
For cooking I love the kikkoman site. It's completely searchable by ingredient/ cooking style etc and has a picture of what it's meant to look like (very useful for me!) I ignore all the 'you need kikkoman soy sauce' stuff and just use what I've got though.
If you've got the space and don't enjoy cooking I recommend doubling everything you cook and freezing half. That way you cook half as often and it's so easy to reheat something you won't be tempted to buy in on those 'I'm shattered and I haven't even thought of dinner' nights. ;)
Good luck and sorry for the booklength post!
i understand you not blogging about mrs. X, though i was kinda enjoying the posts! but, i have heard, that if you complain about something (or someone) constantly, then you just perpetuate the negative feelings. if you look for the good, and talk about it, you improve your feelings about it. i'm sorry that this person is bugging the crap out of you, and wish there was a way you could gently tell her to back off, but i'm glad that you are trying to avoid getting even more fed up with her!
i have no advice on budgets or saving money, i really suck at that. *sigh* i need to think about getting a job myself within a year or two. i also hope your belly dancing workshops take off!
Heather - Actually we use the Japanese tried and true hubby gets an allowance and I hold on to the rest of the money system. If we didn't, we'd have HUGE problems. Let's just say Akinori and I (and most other rational people) have different ideas about what is necessary and what is not.
Illahee - You never know. Chances are Mrs. X will make an appearance here again. The chances of her disappearing from my life in the near future are very slim I'm afraid.
Post a Comment