12.13.2009

親ばかすぎる? (Too proud parents?)

So the long-running lunch time TV program "Waratte Ii Tomo!" is looking for babies with smiles that are too cute or smile too much for it's opening tomorrow. Akinori and I joked over dinner a few nights ago that I should take Sara. Well, I was joking. He was fairly serious. I'll admit I think my daughter is the cutest baby I have ever seen, but really, what mother doesn't? However, Akinori REALLY thinks our daughter is the cutest baby he or anyone else has ever seen. I think he was also trying to give me an excuse to go to Tokyo and breathe some big city air for a day, and let off a little small town stress. Anyway, at that point it was just a joke, more or less.

Then today I found out that the band I interpreted for at Summer Sonic 2 years ago is coming to Tokyo tomorrow for shows in Tokyo and Osaka this week. I would love to catch up with them just for a few minutes even, to say hi, as the last time I saw them was two years ago when they came back in the fall after Summer Sonic for some shows. So if I have two reasons to go to Tokyo, I figure then it's worth it. And if I don't end up meeting with the band, which is highly likely since they are sweet, but a rock band, and thus totally unreliable, and I don't end up getting on TV with Sara, as long as I'm in Tokyo I can go to the Gap, and Starbucks (well, I can do that here, but it feels different in Tokyo) and maybe even do some Christmas shopping. Hopefully I can meet up with a friend or two who are in Tokyo as well. As long as the trip is not a total bust.

So considering what time it is, and we have a very early start tomorrow, and I want to make babies, I need to get off the computer! So if you're in Japan, tune in to Fuji TV tomorrow at noon and look for Sara and me!

2 comments:

illahee said...

i don't receive japanese TV, but good luck today!!

Bryn said...

I'll be watching! Any reason to go to T-town is good enough for me, sometimes I don't even need a reason, Tokyo is my favorite city in the world! Hope you had a great trip!

Brenda (in Fussa)