So you know how I said my big project is ending early minus 50,000. Well it seems I didn't read the e-mail well enough, and only some of the files have been already taken care of by their in-house staff. So the project is still going on until next Friday, and I've only lost 20,000 yen. A much easier sum to part with, although I guess it's not really parting with it since it's not like I actually received it in the first place. Unfortunately, I sent off an e-mail to the company last night at some ungodly hour confirming that the project was finished early and got a reply this morning saying "no, only some files have been done, and xx files still remain. Continue to stick with the schedule please." Oops. I was so completely embarrassed. I'm sure they think I am a totally incompetent ass and will never ask me to work for them again. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.
Then I got a phone call from a number I totally didn't recognize this morning in Osaka. I thought it was the tax office asking me where that last 70,000 yen I owe them for health insurance is, but it wasn't. It was the president of a company I used to do voice recording and textbook editing for something like 10 years ago. Can you imagine what they were thinking when they called? "We are totally desperate! Do you think that one foreigner chick is still around? Who knows? Might as well give the number a try." Anyway, I guess some voice recordings are coming up for a client I recorded for before and they have to submit 3 male and 3 female voice candidates, and they asked if I could send in a recording of my voice by tomorrow morning via e-mail. Sure, I replied, I can do that, but I moved to Nagano prefecture two years ago, so I don't know how much use I am to you here.
Get this, they would pay for my transportation to and from Osaka, and for a hotel for the night before recording AND for any daycare fees I might incur either here in Nagano or in Osaka if I want to bring Sara with me. AND the job pays 60,000 yen on top of that AND it would be on two separate dates sometime between the end of July and beginning of September AND they will work with my schedule if the dates they propose don't work for me. Hello?? What's the punchline because you have got to be kidding me that there are actually gigs out there with perks that sweet in this economy, not to mention that they would be willing to put out all that money to bring me from Nagano, when there are more than enough foreigners roaming the streets of Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe. Wow! Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that they pick me.
Sometimes things just seem to fall into place. Oh happy day!
The best places to visit for a February vacation
3 years ago
3 comments:
SWEET!!!!!! That would be an awesome job to get! And there`s some pretty nice Osaka girls who would love to do lunch....hint hint
Wow, what a deal. You must have a lovely voice :)
Sassy, I would LOVE to meet up for lunch, although schedule-wise dinner might be more realistic as the job is from 10am to 5 pm. Either way I will definitely let you know if I get it and hopefully we can work something out.
GW, I have a very average voice I think, but don't tell the client that ;)
Post a Comment