Last night I started to feel quite crampy, not painful cramps, but just cramps you don't want if you think you are pregnant, and this morning I had a gotta poop type cramps. So I did, and there was lots of blood (TMI? sorry) and I couldn't tell which type of blood it was, and with the faint lines from the previous few days I was really confused so I called the hospital and they told me to come in.
I had a urine test there, and it was negative for pregnancy, but then the Dr. called me and said that he couldn't say with 100% that it was negative because it looked like there was a faint positive line to him. So I am either 1. not pregnant, and never was. 2. Was pregnant, but have now miscarried. 3. In fact pregnant, but it is still too early to tell. The doctor did an internal exam and there was no little yolk sac. In fact he said it looked the the uterus does at the onset of one's period. Makes sense if this is my period, but he refused to say for sure that it was or wasn't or that I had miscarried or not, or anything really. He just said wait another week, do another HPT, and if it's positive then, then come back in. Wonderful!
So I am assuming I am not pregnant because this is just a little too much of a whirlwind for me to continue hoping that I am, and then be completely disappointed when I find out I'm not in a week. Of course I will still do the HPT in a week, just to see what happens, but for now I'm not getting my hopes up, and I am now in a right shit mood, and Sara is being an absolute monster this morning. I know she can't help it. She's 1 and doesn't understand why all of the stuff she wants to touch is dangerous and bad, but I could do without the tantrums and tears every 10 minutes, and the maniacal laughing every 5 minutes in between, when she thinks she's getting away with something. Maybe my kid is bipolar, or maybe she NEEDS A NAP!
Anyway, I am feeling like the biggest idiot in the world for being so convinced I was pregnant with just a faint line. Next time I'm adopting Akinori's stance, and I'm definitely waiting a full week after my period is due before I do any HPTs, as difficult as that may be. The crappiest part is that if this is my period, and just a regular period, not an early miscarriage or anything, I now have no idea what my cycle is. It's sort of all over the place. I guess that means we'll just have to have a lot more sex this month. I suppose that should be the silver lining on this cloud over my head, but right now even the thought of lots of sex can't put a smile on my face.
I'm going off to wallow in my misery. Later folks.
The best places to visit for a February vacation
3 years ago
7 comments:
BIG HUGS. Does sound like a totally crappy morning.. so wish we would have been there still to help you with Sara. How frustrating I'm crossing my fingers that maybe you'll get the results you were hoping for next week... I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you right now.
After all you helped me out with this weekend I SO wish we could have been there to return to favor. Hopefully Sara will calm down a bit and give you a little break to collect your thoughts. I think Sakura misses being with you guys a lot.. she seems so annoyed being back here with just me and no fun Auntie and Onee-chan to play with :(
Thinking of you.... odaiji ni
*hugs* something similar happened to me, the month before i got pregnant with sasha. my line wasn't even faint. it's really disappointing, especially when you're trying. *bigger hugs* take care of yourself.
That does suck. Being a strong supporter of the HPT as boosting the economy I have had a similar story too. I can never wait the right amount of time and end up buying about six packets.
Good luck with the silver lining...
I'm thinking of you too, Brenda. I hope that you'll have news next week.
Thinking of you. That really sucks although I hope you get the news you were hoping for next week.
Hope Sara calms down and gives you a bit of a break.
Ohhh, and I know how much you want to be pregnant too. Sending baby dust and babyglue your way (yes, I was a member of a number of baby forums...)
HPTs are so expensive aren't they? I could have had so many more gingerbread lattes if I just had any willpower at all when it comes to waiting and HPTs!
I hope you don't mind me commenting, but I know how hard it must be for you at the moment waiting and not knowing and wanted to offer my *hugs* ...
Thinking of you and hoping you get the result you want!
Btw, I too am addicted to HPTs and actually ended up buying a big bulk of them on Ebay. There were so much cheaper than the ones you get at the chemist!
Post a Comment