1.25.2010

Give them an inch...

So first of all a brief update of the weekend as I'm sure everyone is wondering if I am getting divorced tomorrow or not. As pissed off as I was with hub Saturday morning, I kind of had to put that aside as Sara was puking her poor little guts out all Saturday afternoon and night. She didn't have a fever and besides a bit of a cry after a puke she was as genki as ever, so we weren't too worried, and by Sunday morning she was fine.

I, on the other hand, have been nauseous since Friday afternoon. This morning I was feeling better, but now not so much. I'm hoping to not get my period this weekend and then this will all make sense, but I think it is a little too early for morning sickness. We made a fantastic effort at making a baby this month though, with all the counting days and whatnot, so hopefully there will be some happy news in a week or so.

Which brings me to today. Akinori called his friend yesterday and told him outright that if I didn't get the money today, then I was going to divorce him, and the friend promised he would transfer it today. Yesterday Akinori and I had another discussion about the whole situation, and it seemed really silly to me to divorce someone I love so much and who loves me. I mean, what if I am pregnant? That would just be silly to get divorced without even knowing whether I am or not, but I didn't want him to think that there still were not serious repercussions to his actions, so I told him he couldn't come back home until I had the money. I am still waiting for confirmation that the money has been transferred into his account. Apparently his friend has been at work all day, but promised that he would transfer the money before the day was out and send a photo of the receipt after it was done. So if Akinori doesn't come home with 470,000 yen tomorrow after work, he's not coming home. (He did come home with 40,000 yen Saturday. An attempt at a peace offering.) He knows that this is still a big deal since he can't go back to his parents' house as he, nor I, want to worry them with our domestic situation, and he doesn't want to impose on any of his friends. He swears he is going to sleep in the K-truck. He has offered to leave tonight, but I am giving him until tomorrow as that was the original date I was going to go to city hall anyway. Stay tuned.

About the title, I haven't seen Mrs. X for nearly a month now, and what a peaceful, happy month it has been for me! I said I wasn't going to blog about her anymore, but there was a lot of stuff in December that went on that is really pushing me towards the edge. The last time I saw her, her constant ramblings and outright insanity nearly had me in tears by the time I went home. I was just so stressed from listening to her. I could write a book of all the crazy things she says and does, and no one would believe that half of it was true. The woman is INSANE! She gave me a Christmas present the second to last time I saw her. It was the book that she had been reading one of the times I saw her previously. The thought was nice and all, but I didn't plan on buying her a Christmas present to begin with, and seeing as she was giving me a sort-of recycled gift, I didn't see the need to reciprocate. Even if she had spent money on a gift for me, I don't think I would have given her one. I just don't want to, and therefore I am not going to. In my mind you give presents to people you want to, when you want to, regardless of the occassion, not out of obligation, which is exactly what it would have been. Maybe I'm just a bitch, but I'm not going to be guilted into being her friend! She made a comment at that time though about not getting gifts from people who you had given gifts to and how much that hurt. I pretty much ignored the comment. Maybe I'm a bitch. I don't care.

Anyway, getting to the point...she texted last week asking if I wanted to meet for lunch Friday, but I already had plans for Friday, so I said maybe next week (this week). So of course it's Monday morning and at 10 am I get a text, "Let's meet at Starbucks at 12." Lucky for me Akinori had the day off work today so I wrote back saying we were spending the day together (especially as it may be the last for awhile), but that I was free only on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. So she has the nerve to write back, "Let's meet Tuesday AND Wednesday." WTF? I'm pretty sure that any normal person who recieved my message would understand that I meant I would meet her one day OR the other, not both! Why would you assume that I even wanted to meet you two days in a row? I've been a right bitch to her too, the last few times I saw her, so why on earth she wants to spend any time at all with me, I have no idea. Maybe not an out-and-out bitch, but I basically don't talk at all (not that I have much of a chance to say anything, but in the rare silent moments I don't even make an effort to make conversation), carefully watch the clock, and after an hour, get up and tell her I have to go. I can tell that she is getting a vibe from me, but she is quite clueless, so she may not understand the vibe she is getting. I've said before that I don't necessarily want to hurt her feelings, but I can't handle this forever, and as long as we both live in Nagano, she is never going to leave me alone. I'm going to have to make a greater effort at only seeing her in a group of people. So this may not be the last you have heard of Mrs. X after all.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ohhhh sounds promising in the baby making department!! Hoping you have a winner there!

Glad to hear you won't be getting a divorce BUT I really pray that Akinori has learned his lesson and there won't be any repeat performances!

See you in a few days!! Woo hooo!

shinshu life said...

Ohhhh she's back? I had thought it has been seriously quiet on that front for awhile- I don't even have any pictures to know what her girls are getting up to lately! ;P

Here's to a less stressful week financially, healthwise and socially to boot!

Gaijin Wife said...

Glad to hear you aren't turning the house upside down looking for your inkan to take to city hall. Hope Akinori pulls through and gets the cash - and doesn't have to sleep in the K-truck. That would have to top the list of stink places to sleep! Good to sort out the money shit and get it stopped before number two comes along - which sounds like it might be oh, in about 38 weeks or so!!

Hope you're feeling better soon :) and totally think you should just fob off silly lady on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Busy busy, things to do, places to go, people to see. She'll have to get the hint soon surely.