1.27.2010

Narrow escape

Well today was a much better day, despite meeting Mrs. X for lunch/coffee. Luckily (usually unluckily) Sara is at an age right now where she will not sit still for longer than 20 minutes at a time, 30 if it's a good day. So I didn't make a particularly big effort at keeping Sara by my side, and after 30 minutes or so of Mrs. X pointless naddering I just started getting Sara dressed again in her coat, and said we had to go.

Mrs. X would not be fobbed off that easily though and suggested we go for a walk. It was a really beautiful day so I said OK. Somehow it's easier to listen to her talk on and on about nothing when I can concentrate on something else and don't actually have to look at her. After visiting MUJI and Heiando though she suggested we go to a shopping mall nearby, but luckily (usually unluckily) I was wearing boots with fairly high heels on them, and it was the first time I wore them and my feet were starting to hurt, so that was the perfect time to say I just couldn't go on any longer, had to go home, bye! As we're parting ways she says "I'll call you next week!" And I very nearly blurt out "please don't!" But I just said it under my breath instead.

I feel bad that Sara seems to have picked up on my dislike for this woman though, and she has started showing a dislike for her as well. (Although I secretly think this is kind of funny, but I still feel a little guilty.) Mrs. X used to pick her up and kind of grind her face into Sara's, sort of kissing her cheek/chin, and it would make Sara laugh hysterically. Although I hated watching this woman defile my daughter like that, and leave her perfume and make-up/lipstick all over my poor baby for the rest of the day, it made Sara laugh, and what mother doesn't love to hear the sound of her baby laugh? Today though, she picked her up, and tried to do the same thing, and it looked like she was actually hurting her, she was pressing her face into Sara's so hard, but not a giggle or even a smile from Sara. Just pushes to get away. I wanted to grab her away since she looked so miserable, but she was able to wriggle herself out of Mrs. X's grasp on her own. (That's my girl!)

All in all it was one of the more painless meetings with her. I just don't want to see her again next week. I think I'm going to be abducted by aliens for awhile.

Afterward I went grocery shopping and when I walked into the store I thought I recognized the woman with a child in front of me as a woman from my maternity yoga class, and who happened to give birth at the same clinic, but she lives in Turkey, so I figured I was mistaken until she obviously recognized me back. We chatted for a bit, and it turns out she's visiting until the end of March while her husband remains in Turkey. It seems she had planned to come back just for the New Year, but found out she was pregnant with her second child just before she left Turkey, and since she's having severe morning sickness, decided to stay for longer so her mother can help with her daughter. This woman was also due to give birth 2 or 3 days after me, and gave birth 9 days before me. It seems I am destined to forever be envious of her reproductively.

I'm glad I bumped into her though because I really like her, and we promised to get in touch and hang out with our daughters soon. I think it was seeing her and hearing her news though that threw me over the edge and I did an hpt when Akinori got home. Not even a faint little line. I know it doesn't mean anything until I don't get my period because it's quite possible that if I am pregnant then my hcg numbers aren't high enough to register yet, but I thought since AF is due this weekend, if I were pregnant then I might get even a faint line, and since there was NOTHING, I am resigned to trying again next month. Still praying I am wrong, but better to be resigned than get really upset when I get my period.

I promised myself I was going to sleep before midnight tonight, so getting off the computer...now!

No comments: