4.25.2010

Butterflies in my stomach and ants in my pants

I know I shouldn't be blogging right now. I should be working. And I definitely shouldn't be blogging about this, but dammit, I'm going nuts and Akinori is being all level-headed and adult, so I have to do something to release this energy!

So after a truly wonderfully lovely day with lovely wonderful friends and their lovely wonderful children, we did a little shopping. We went to Toys R Us and got Sara a little chair that farts for you when you sit down on it because she will actually sit in one of those chairs for an extended amount of time, and we are desperately trying to teach her to sit down and eat. Lots of pacing and trying to stuff food in mouth as child passes, going on in our house. We also bought her her first baby doll. She's got lots of stuffed animals, but no dolls. Today she had the opportunity to play with one (thank you Amy!), and seemed to really like it, and Akinori noticed her playing with the doll's hair. The hope is that she will fall asleep while holding the doll and playing with her hair, instead of mine. I cannot tell you how many times I wake up in the middle of the night because my hair is being pulled. It's not a pleasant feeling. I'm desperately hoping this doll will replace me as her lovey.

After our little shopping spree Akinori asked if there was any other shopping we needed to do, and I spit out that I wanted to get some HPTs. The one I did yesterday was an internet strip. I wanted some real HPTs that I can trust. I know I should just wait until my period is late, but seriously, who can wait? I mean really? Who has the patience? Maybe there are people out there who can. Not me. Honestly, I probably could've waited if it weren't for the fact that my temps the fast several days have been very consistent. Usually, although they are all over my post ovulation cover line, they are a bit up and down and kind of all over the place. This time not so. Bit up and down the first few days, and then the last several they have all been 36.8-something. I couldn't help getting excited.

Bought the HPTs, brought them back home, and decided to wait until tomorrow morning to do one. Took a nap with Sara, woke up, had to pee, decided I couldn't wait and peed on a stick. Result - possibly positive. It's very faint, but I made sure to buy the same kind I bought last time, and the result is definitely visible this time. Obviously going to do another one tomorrow, if I can wait that long. Fingers and toes crossed that this is the real deal. Like I said, Akinori is being all level-headed and "I'm not getting excited until I see a dark line." But when I was pregnant with Sara he was the same. I knew 3 days after my period was late, and he was like, "Let's just wait to take a test." Funny, I was actually able to wait for my period to be late a whole week before I took a test that time. Probably because we weren't actually trying to get pregnant then. We were just not trying to not get pregnant anymore. Anyway, I'm all fluttery in my stomach and my nose itches, which is what happens when I get excited.

Okay, gotta get Sara in her bath now, but you may be hearing from me again if I feel the need to unload some of my excitement again.

Edit: I couldn't wait, and tried using an OPK as an HPT because I read on the all-knowing internet that you could do that. Well, either the OPKs I have are shit, or I'm not pregnant. I'm hoping for shitty OPKs. I hate this time of the month. Really, really, really, really hate it!

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Fingers crossed for you!!

Brenda said...

Thanks Corinne! I appreciate it!

shinshu life said...

oh wow- and you didn't say anything all day?? You have the self control of a saint!

Fingers and toes crossed for you- for the HPT, the doll and the farty seat. My two found it way more fun to jump up and down and make the seat fart than straight sit on it so it was short lived here!

Sara was so cute with the doll and the puppy today. M and A were both very impressed 'I think she really likes looking after dolls like we do, yeah?'

Sara said...

ohhh YAY!!!

I'm going to keep coming back to check until you update!! lol

Judith said...

Fingers crossed. Sending pregnancy-vibes your way...