4.10.2010

Into the light

Just want to thank everyone for their hugs and positive vibes in your comments on my last post. It took a little while, but I am feeling much, much better. Sometimes I wonder if I am bipolar, but I am pretty sure that nearly everyone has these feelings from time to time. I mean that's life, right? Ups and downs. If there were no downs, there would be no ups. It's all about balance, and I am finally feeling some of that, so all is good right now.

Of course the weather is a super huge major factor. The absolutely gorgeous weather we have had most of the week, and especially today has done wonders for my mood! I just hope it stays this beautiful! I'm also finally finished with the pain-in-the-ass project, and that is a huge weight off my mind. I have another big proofreading project lined up, worth semi-big bucks, so I am happy to have a steady stream of work at the moment. The new project was supposed to start this past Thursday, but the prior project went on longer than expected so the new project was put off until Monday. I was pretty happy when I found out since I knew if I had the work in front of me, I wouldn't really be able to relax over the weekend, and just the thought of that gave me little stress shivers. I really wanted to relax for just a bit, especially since Akinori has both Saturday and Sunday off for the first time in ages this weekend.

Today we went to the zoo with some friends of ours. They have a little girl just 2 months older than Sara, and the girls get along really well. They even hugged when we said goodbye today, and Sara cried when we finally pried them apart. Kind of surprising to see that kind of attachment to anyone other than myself or Akinori, but very heartwarming, and so so cute! I'll have to post some photos when I've got more time. After the zoo, we all went to lunch/dinner at my favorite hamburger joint, and Sara slept practically the entire time we were in the restaurant which meant Akinori and I could actually enjoy our meals. It was sooooo nice!

On the way home we drove past the park behind our house to check out hanami prospects. The cherry blossoms are just now starting to bloom so things look good for the BBQ we are planning on having in the park next weekend. There are all kinds of yatai out already though so we decided that's where we'll have dinner when the weather is nice enough to go for a walk in the evenings this week. Means I don't have to cook, and no conbini food! Win-win! (Not that yatai food is even remotely healthy, but that's not really the point here. Besides we're going to walk to the park and back which should make up for the unhealthiness of what we eat, right?)

No real plans for tomorrow which is dangerous. It means there is a good possibility we will sit around in our pajamas until 3p.m. when we finally decide to get out of the house. But since I woke up at the crack of dawn with Sara this morning, and Akinori got another hour of peaceful sleep, he has agreed to wake up with Sara tomorrow and let me sleep in. Just the thought of that makes me smile. He is also going to cook dinner tomorrow - my belated white day present. I told him before I didn't want him to buy me anything. I would much prefer a few hours to myself, or to not have to cook dinner, or to sleep in, than anything he could possibly buy for me. He had planned on making paella on White Day, but I think we were both exhausted after a day of shopping, and the paella got postponed. So last night he announced, without any prompting from me, that he would cook Sunday night's dinner. Yeah! Another reason to be in a good mood.

Sara has finally nodded off so I am off to pop some popcorn and some cans of beer open, and watch a movie with my darling hub (he's obviously in my good book this week). I hope everyone else is enjoying this gloriously beautiful weekend too!

3 comments:

Gaijin Wife said...

Hey, you're still there! Sounds like things are coming right? Hope you had a nice date night watching vids.

Trisha said...

Glad to hear that you made it through and that things are looking up for you!

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Yeah! Congrats on finishing the big job and another one on the way. :)

Hope you're enjoying your paella!